Team Challenge kindly sponsored by Coltsfoot Equestrian
Barlow Hunter Trials -
Barlow Cross Country Team Challenge SUNDAY 7TH MAY 2017
The Kennels, Horsleygate, Holmesfield, S18 7WE (B6051)
By Kind permission of the Horsleygate Estate Company and their Tenants
The course will be open for inspection 12noon to 4pm on Saturday 6th May.
Pre entry only Entries close Wednesday 3rd May Teams will be limited - early entry advised
Team Challenge enquiries to Mrs Charlotte Excell-Outram Mob: 0771 316 7778
All Entries to Mrs Joan Williams, Edgemount Farm, High Bradfield, Sheffield, S6 6LJ
Tel: 07765 496552 / 0114 2851479 firstname.lastname@example.org
Barlow Cross Country Team Challenge
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of four horses and riders and at least three horses and riders shall complete the course successfully for that team to finish and record a time.
- Teams may jump the intermediate 80cm or open 1m course and may switch between the fences during their round.
- At the area called “FOX COVERT” 3 TEAM MEMBERS MUST JUMP INTO THE ENCLOSED AREA BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS OUT(20 second time penalty added if not)
- Team closest to the disclosed optimum time wins
- No penalties for stops
- £100 entry fee per team (£85 per Barlow Hunt and Barlow Pony Club Teams –all riders must be members of the Hunt or PC)
Rosettes to 6th place £100 to winning team Prizes in kind 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams
Fun spot prizes on the day including
“Team with the highest total rider age” Booby prize for slowest team
TIMES will be available on
www.barlowhunt.org from 6pm Friday 5th May or telephone Joan Williams on 0114 2851479.
Rules are as per the Hunter Trials “Rules of the Day” with the following additions:
ALL RIDERS ENTER THIS TEAM CHALLENGE AT THEIR OWN RISK AND MUST BE CAPABLE OF RIDING THE COURSE WITHIN A TEAM. HORSES/PONIES MUST BE FIT ENOUGH TO COMPETE AND MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN MORE THAN A TOTAL OF TWO CLASSES DURING THE DAY.
Riders 14 years old or over on 1st January in the current year
- There will be a team briefing by the entry tent 40 minutes before the class starts. This time will be published once the times have been established for the day. All riders to attend.
- Hats to minimum standard PAS015, ASTMF 1163, or above must be worn; Competitors must also wear (BETA) Level 3 body protector year 2002 or later. A body protector of this nature is also required when competitors are wearing air jackets. Medical armbands for all riders are compulsory. No jewellery/ watches/timing equipment. Number bibs provided £5 deposit per bib.
- Riders may ride in up to two different teams but they must be on different horses/ponies.
This is a fun class and competitors are expected to behave accordingly, and accept all decisions made by the fence judges and officials. Those exhibiting undesirable behaviour will have their team eliminated.
This class is in addition to the Full Hunter Trials schedule of classes to run on the 7th May and will be run between Class 2 and Class 3
The Full Hunter Trial Schedule is available on Riding Diary and barlowhunt.org.uk
Dronfield S18 7WE
Google map and directions